Re: FW: [HACKERS] decode() function for PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: FW: [HACKERS] decode() function for PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-patches
I have reviewed this patch.  It actually outputs just a new query string
that replaces the DECODE with CASE, as you mentioned.  I don't think
this has use in our existing code.  It would be more appropriate if
somehow it converted the string in the gram.y file from DECODE to
CASE.

However, with CASE available and standard SQL, I am not even sure if we
would want to support DECODE, except for conversion usage.  Was that the
purpose of the function you sent in?

Do other Oracle users see a need for something that understands DECODE?

Archana Bharatee wrote:
> Dear Bruce,
>
> I am not familiar with the process of applying patches. I am attaching the
> source-code for the decode function we have developed for PostgreSQL. Can
> you please do the needful, or redirect me to the appropriate person.
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> warm regards,
> Archana Bharatee

[ Attachment, skipping... ]