Re: Suggestions please: names for function cachability - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martin Renters
Subject Re: Suggestions please: names for function cachability
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 08:45:03AM -0800, Thomas Lockhart wrote:
> > I'm not sure I'm the only one, am I?
>
> No, I was also blocked from Tom's mail a while ago. I have a static IP,
> but my ISP's entire block of addresses made it on to the spam list Tom
> uses, and the strategy of the list maintainers seems to be to maximize
> the collateral damage to force me to somehow force my ISP to change
> their policies, whatever those are. If I researched it enough, I might
> be able to find out what my ISP does or does not do, and what I'm
> supposed to do or not do. What a pain...

We had the same problem here.  I spoke to the 5-10 list provider and
got our ISP delisted since they seem to have kicked the 3 or so spammers
off their network.  It seems a little unreasonable to blacklist an entire
large ISP's netblock just because they have a very small number of spam
sites.  It is also pretty unreasonable to think that any company is
going to switch providers because of one blacklist or somehow complain
to their ISP about the spammers the ISP is hosting without any more
detail than:
"Blacklist X says you provide spam support and/or have too many spammers on your network.  Please remove them so I can
sendmy email."

Martin