Re: 16 parameter - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: 16 parameter
Date
List pgsql-sql
andrew lahser wrote:
> I am certain this question has been asked and answered, but I
> didn't find the FAQ and the search feature on the website is
> "under construction." I apologize in advance.

I would personally like to up the limit, and perhaps remove any limit to
the number of arguments you can use for a function.  However, we are a
volunteer group so we need people to implement these changes.  OpenACS
seems to be one of the few apps that uses lots of parameters because of
the way the thing is set up.  The bottom line is that we don't get this
request too often, and using one param per column isn't done too much,
at least that I have heard.  I am not saying it is wrong, but that we
don't get much request for it.

-- Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us pgman@candle.pha.pa.us               |  (610)
Pennsylvania19026