Re: Again, sorry, caching, (Tom What do you think: function - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: Again, sorry, caching, (Tom What do you think: function
Date
List pgsql-hackers
mlw wrote:
> [...]
>
> IMHO modifying the function manager to allow the return of a full row, and a
> "set of" full rows, answers a LOT of issues I have seen over the years with
> PostgreSQL extensibility.
   Sure.  Actually I think you'll have an easy project with this   one, because all the work has been done by Tom
already.
   The function manager isn't the problem any more. It  is  that   you  cannot  have such a "set of" function in the
rangetable.  So you have no mechanism to USE the result.

Jan