Re: Mandrake RPMs uploaded - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: Mandrake RPMs uploaded
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tuesday 05 March 2002 01:54 pm, Thomas Lockhart wrote:
> > I've uploaded Mandrake RPMs built using Lamar Owen's source RPM
> > (unchanged btw)...

> Lamar, the python package has "mx" as a prerequisite to RPM
> installation. I see no such package available on my Mandrake box, and
> the python code seems to build and install without it. What is the
> package and why might it be required? If it is a RH-specific feature,
> should we put in a test to make it optional?

The mx package is required by the new python client code.  It will indeed
build without mx, but it will not RUN without it.  See rpmfind.net for
sources -- the name 'mx' is a RedHatism, and the same package goes by another
name, which I don't remember right off.

Oh, BTW: /var/spool/ftp on ftp.postgresql.org is correct.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio