Re: Oracle vs PostgreSQL in real life : NEWS!!! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Subject Re: Oracle vs PostgreSQL in real life : NEWS!!!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On March 2, 2002 09:02 am, Doug McNaught wrote:
> "D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy@druid.net> writes:
> > Any chance you can try it with the MONEY type?  It does use integers to
> > store the data.  It isn't really designed for general numeric use but it
> > would be interesting to see how it fares.
>
> I think the MONEY type is deprecated...

I keep hearing that but I use it heavily and I hope it never goes away.  The
NUMERIC type is nice but I still think that the MONEY type works well for
certain things.  I bet it will be shown to be more efficient.  Certainly
it has limitations but within those limitations it works well.