Re: elog() patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: elog() patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > Postmaster -d flag effects only postmaster message, not backend messages
>
> Why?

OK, how about this?  What if we add a new GUC parameter,
postmaster_min_messages, and that controls the postmaster printing to
the server logs.  (Postmaster has no client to print to.)  Then, we can
propogate the -d flag to the backends, and if someone wants just
postmaster loggging, they can use the GUC parameter.

Pennsylvania19026