Re: Timestamp output - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: Timestamp output
Date
List pgsql-sql
Sigh - so many people not reading release notes...  But then again, I
don't think this particular change was adequately documented in the
'observe the following incompatibilities' section of the HISTORY file -
maybe it should be in
7.2.1?

Although I know of this problem, I would also be interested in the fix.
I know that you can declare a column of type timestamp(0) to get the old
format, but how do you change an existing column?  Add casts everywhere??

Chris