Re: pgsql->ms excel - Mailing list pgsql-general

From pilsl@goldfisch.at
Subject Re: pgsql->ms excel
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 11:53:09PM +1100, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 01:26:31PM +0100, pilsl@goldfisch.at wrote:
> > Is there some ready2use or almostready2use-solution for converting a
> > pgsql-table into a ms-excel .xls-file ?
> >
> > I dont think its a big deal using the appropriate perl-module but if
> > someone already did the work, I dont want to do it again.
> >  If nobody did it : I'll do it and post it here if I succeed.
>
> Method 1.
>
> psql dbname -F, -A -t -c 'select * from table' > table.csv

didnt think about csv ... this seems to be a very fine solution ..

> Install ODBC driver in MS Access, link the table, open it and export as .xls

I forgot to mention that the process needs to be fully automated and
performed on the linux-server only, so the ODCB-method (which would be
the best) does not work.

thnx a lot,
peter