Re: Unicode/Multibyte/Hebrew/Japanese - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Jean-Michel POURE
Subject Re: Unicode/Multibyte/Hebrew/Japanese
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Le Mardi 19 Février 2002 09:50, Dave Page a écrit :
> I want to get this problem sorted out if I can - have you read the message
> I cc'd you last night yet? It's becoming more & more common & there must be
> some way around it.
I read them now and replied the best I could...

> Do you use ICQ or anything? It might be easier to talk about this in
> realtime...
I can set it up in a few days, not now, sorry.

My opinion is that VB is not ***trully*** Unicode compliant. Microsoft
explains that VB internals are Unicode compliant (you can open a Unicode file
and transcode content)... but VB main widgets are not. Only Access 2K
widgets are Unicode compliant.

That's typically the kind of $M lie. So even in the case when the PostgreSQL
odbc driver support UCS-2, there still might be a problem with VB.

We can only wait for the obbc UCS-2 upgrade and test in VB.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel