Re: CREATE TABLE privilege - will it be implemented? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: CREATE TABLE privilege - will it be implemented?
Date
List pgsql-admin
Heni Lolov wrote:
> Hi
> I am very interested in the possibility to allow and
> disallow users to create tables, views and etc. I am
> waiting for this since version 6.5.
> I hoped that it will apear in 7.2 but was wrong.
> Will it be available soon? I have planned migration to
> PG over a year but it is inpossible due to this
> limitation. I can not believe such great and  full of
> features (some of them quite exotic) database lacks
> this usual, extremely important and  necessary
> feature.
>
> So are there any plans of implementig this in the near
> future?
>
> I have looked in the mailing lists, there were some
> discussions on this topic but nothing specific.

It has been submitted as a patch was delayed because we were going to
overhaul the entire permission system.  What has happened is that
release after release has been made with no redesign, and not addition
of this feature.  I hope we can push for this in 7.3.