Re: Question: Who's Using Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Question: Who's Using Postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 07:08:06AM -0800, Corey W. Gibbs wrote:
> Good Morning Everyone,
> I have a general question about who is using Postgresql.  This is not a
> marketing survey and any information I collect will only be used by me.
>  Here's the background.

[snip]

> I am not trying to start a ruckus or a flamewar, but I would like to know
> who's using Postgres out there.  What's the application?  How big are your
> databases?  Are you using Visual Basic or C to connect to it through ODBC
> or are you using a Web interface?
> Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Well, we've used ODBC from a windows machine and it works but most of the
stuff is run locally on the server from a web interface.

Anyway, you may be interested in this:

http://www.pgsql.com/user_gallery/

Apparently the largest listed project is over 1800 GB but that could be a
typo :)

HTH,

--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>