Re: psql umlaute E4 E6 - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Jason Tishler
Subject Re: psql umlaute E4 E6
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Harald,

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 06:09:46PM +0100, Harald Massa wrote:
> BUT umlaute (ä, ö, ü (ae, oe, ue)) are shown as <E4> and <E6> ... on psql.
> (but correctly in sort order).
>
> pgAdminII shows the correct letters.

I think that this is because pgAdminII is a straight Win32 app and not
a Cygwin one.

> I run psql in the bash shell of cygwin.
>
> What can I do to see the correct letters also in psql?

[Being from the US, I locale challenged... :,)]

IIRC, Cygwin does not have full locale support.  However, I seem to
remember some Cygwin mailing list post regarding locale.  So, I recommend
searching the archives:

    http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/

to see if you can find a solution.  If you so, please report back to
this list.

Thanks,
Jason