Re: again on index usage (7.1.3) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Kalchev
Subject Re: again on index usage (7.1.3)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>>>Stephan Szabo said:> Do you have a single value that is much more common than the rest (say> approximately 170000 of
therows?)  It's estimating almost 18000 matching> rows, but I'm guessing that that's not a reasonable estimate.

Not likely. There are no more than 30-40 attributes per user (this is another
story, but I discuss there the PostgreSQL aspect, not RADIUS :). Entries with
most rows have up to 35 rows.

However, there is indeed an user_name entry with 179225 values! Somehow on
these rows user_name is ''.

Time to change my standard answer...

Daniel