Re: what's the meaning of the word "Tioga" in source - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: what's the meaning of the word "Tioga" in source
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, 10 Feb 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> > Tom Lane writes:
> >> Peter: it'd be a good idea to suppress gathering NLS messages out of
> >> src/backend/commands/_deadcode/
> >> src/backend/executor/_deadcode/
> >> src/backend/optimizer/path/_deadcode/
> >> src/backend/tioga/
>
> > Or we could just remove those files.
>
> That's a possibility too.  I think it was Bruce's idea originally to
> keep dead source files around, but I've never seen the point; isn't
> that what CVS does for us?

Okay, before you start removing this stuff, can someone take a look at the
URL I sent around that actually talked about what TIOGA was meant for?  My
undestanding was that it was the underlying framework/code for a Data
Visualization tool, which doesn' sound like how you described it :(