Re: Threaded PosgreSQL server - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Threaded PosgreSQL server
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 7 Feb 2002 mkscott@sacadia.com wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>

> > Would be willing to take what you've learnt and work with the current CVS
> > tree towards making her thread-safe?  Even small steps regularly taken
> > brings us closer to being able to use even *some* threading in the backend
> >

> I can definitely take a stab aat it.  Maybe I can make a test case with
> some globals that are accessed often submit some patches to see what
> people think.  Can I send them to you?

Send them through to pgsql-patches@postgresql.org ... since we are right
at the start of the development cycle for v7.3, things should be alot
easier ... pretty much expect to send them in, have them reviewed and
commented upon by various developers as to how this shold be done this
way, and that shouldn't be done this way and have to re-submit ... :)