Re: cygwin-PostgreSql ??? - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Jason Tishler
Subject Re: cygwin-PostgreSql ???
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Enrico,

In the future, please post to pgsql-cygwin@postgresql.org or
cygwin@cygwin.com (as appropriate) instead of sending private email.

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 07:16:10PM +0100, enrico secco wrote:
> I did try to install postgresql on w2k with the version distributed with
> cygwin.
> It seams to work well just to the moment of connection.
> Many time.... but i obtain allwise this error wen I try to connect to the
> database.
>
> $ psql template1
> pq_flush: send() failed: The descriptor is a file, not a socket
> pq_recvbuf: recv() failed: The descriptor is a file, not a socket
> psql: pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
>         This probably means the backend terminated abnormally
>         before or while processing the request.
>
> have you any idea.

I have seen many reports of the "The descriptor is a file, not a socket"
error, but only for Windows 9x/Me -- never for NT/2000/XP.  I have never
had this problem so I can't help you debug this.  Maybe someone else on
the list can help.

Jason