Re: Function to Pivot data - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Function to Pivot data
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 03:51:09PM -0500, Ellen Cyran wrote:
> I've run the SQL statement below and it doesn't give me
> what I thought and even gives me some incorrect data.
> Any idea why?

You're getting the Cartesian product.  No, I don't know why, but it
looks like the query I suggested doesn't work well.  Someone else
(who is better than I am) will likely see it.

----
Andrew Sullivan                               87 Mowat Avenue
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M6K 3E3
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110