Re: Moving my business to PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brent Verner
Subject Re: Moving my business to PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
[2002-01-28 02:52] Jason Watkins said:

| Indeed, it is important, simply because this business operates 24/7. I
| simply have to have some way to run 2 servers at once so that everything can
| fall over if one fails. There seem to be a couple middle ware things out
| there designed to do connection pooling, but so far I can't find out for
| sure if they support failover.

Take a look at this:
  http://www.mclx.com/products/cluster.php

I've not set one of these up, but if I was tasked with making a
failover-safe postgresql server, I'd certainly look toward having
failover at the OS/environment level instead of application level.

cheers.
  brent

to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."  -- Duane Allman