Re: Problems with initdb on Cygwin - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Frank Joerdens
Subject Re: Problems with initdb on Cygwin
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 04:22:44PM +0000, Javier Vilarroig wrote:

> OK, sorry for the incovenience.
>
> The base OS is Windows NT4.0 + SP6a.
> Cygwin is 2.125.2.10
> Postgres is 7.1.3-1

[ . . . ]
> >      I'm triying to run Prostgresql on Cygwin, only for development
> > purposes. I installed Postgresql on my brand new Cygwin installation.
> >
> >      When I try to run initdb it gets hanged, after 4 hours it didn't
> > ended.

Got the same problem here. Windows version is 2000 Professional, Service
Pack 2, Cygwin version is pretty recent (can't check it now, the box is
at home), so is Cygipc - both were downloaded within the past 3 weeks. The
machine is reasonably new and fast - Athlon 1200, 256 MB RAM, so that
shouldn't be an issue. Postgres version is 7.1.3.

Regards, Frank