Re: implemention of calls to stored procs. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Holger Krug
Subject Re: implemention of calls to stored procs.
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 11:32:04AM +0000, Nic Ferrier wrote:
> As for your 1st objective... I don't think that would be easy, even
> with what I'm proposing there would have to be some sort of RMI or
> CORBA link to the remote app.
As far as I know, GCJ provides RMI libs, although not 100% tested.  It
should be relatively easy because you must not handle transactions.

Concerning your implementation. Did I understand you right, that
you've implemented your own Connection class, in an instance of which
you encapsulate the current backend transaction ? If yes, so OK, it's
probably simpler than getting RMI to work, and really nice.

--
Holger Krug
hkrug@rationalizer.com