Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL Licence: GNU/GPL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Philip Hallstrom
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL Licence: GNU/GPL
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm not replying to anyone in particular, and I'm certainly no lawyer nor
an expert on either license, but why do you have to give any reasons at
all?  Why can't you just say "for a variety of reasons postgresql is using
the BSD licence and it is going to stay that way".

I don't see a need to tell people why you aren't going to switch, nor to
even talk about the GPL at all... anything you say will upset someone and
they'll bring it up again...

I do like the bit about contributed code needing to be under the BSD
license as that's something that isn't answered.

just my 2 cents...

-philip