initdb, pg_upgrade - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject initdb, pg_upgrade
Date
List pgsql-hackers
For those of you who don't already know, the catalog version was updated
today to fix problems with timestamp with/without timezone.  This will
require an initdb for all 7.2beta users.

The good news is that I have successfully migrated a 7.2 regression
database without an initdb using pg_upgrade.  It will be a few more days
until pg_upgrade is ready for serious testing.  I will make an
announcement at that time.

Pennsylvania19026