not recognized by setlocale() - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From nn nn
Subject not recognized by setlocale()
Date
List pgsql-admin
I upgraded Red Hat 7.1 -> 7.2. I had postgresql
installed (7.1.x). I did not dump the database before
upgrading. Therefore, I 'downgraded' again to the old
7.1.x version. Now I can not start up my database:

bash-2.05$ pg_ctl start
postmaster successfully started
bash-2.05$ FATAL 2:  database was initialized with
LC_COLLATE 'en_US',
        which is not recognized by setlocale().
        looks like you need to initdb.

If anyone knows an easy solution to this, I would be
very grateful. If not, it is not a very big deal for
me to just remove the database and start from scratch.

Thanks!

kluro