Re: Translation of the documentation - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Roberto Mello
Subject Re: Translation of the documentation
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 01:12:30PM -0500, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> In general, yes.  However, until there is an evident and sustained effort
> to keep these up to date, I'm not sure if we should keep them in the main
> source tree.

Understandable.

> As far as DocBook sources, you put a lang="pt_br" attribute in the
> top-level element.  As far as Makefiles, there are a couple of
> possibilities, depending on what becomes of 1).

Okay, sounds good.

> The current license?

What is the current license? BSD? Can this translation be put under
something like the GFDL?

> Btw., are you sure what you are getting into?  A complete translation of
> the PG documentation is going to take an insane amount of time.  You might

Oh, I'm not doing it alone, no sir. I'm starting a project and have been
collecting volunteers to do the work with me. I'm spearheading (sp?) the
project, but now way I'll do it alone.

I have the same concerns with regards to maintainability. I won't take
this ahead unless I know we have a sufficient number of people to maintain
it.

> also be interested in doing some translation work on program messages.
> See <http://www.postgresql.org/~petere/nls.php>.

Yes, I'm very interested in that too. I'm glad to see it off the ground.

-Roberto

--
+----| http://fslc.usu.edu/ USU Free Software & GNU/Linux Club |------+
  Roberto Mello - Computer Science, USU - http://www.brasileiro.net/