Bug #553: Error Vacuuming and restoring a DataBase - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Subject Bug #553: Error Vacuuming and restoring a DataBase
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Miguel Juan (miqueljuan@inicia.es) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
Error Vacuuming and restoring a DataBase

Long Description
Hi.

About two months ago I sent here a message reporting a error while vacuuming a large table (near a million registers)
withPostgresql 7.1.2 and Tom Lane suggest to upgrade the version to 7.1.3 so I did it on another computer but when I
tryto restore the database into this computer I get the same errors that I get with the "vacuum" command.

The error only appears with large tables. As far I know, with tables under 200.000 registers works fine. It looks like
anerror managing big transactions (I use the COPY xxx FROM stdin; command)

I can make the restore process if I use a pgDump with proper Insert Strings option (one INSERT for each register) but
ittakes a long, long , long time to restore the whole database.

Regards

Miguel Juan

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report