Re: Announcement: libpkixpq 0.1 released - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ross J. Reedstrom
Subject Re: Announcement: libpkixpq 0.1 released
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Dec 23, 2001 at 11:06:30PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Bear Giles <bear@coyotesong.com> writes:
> > I am pleased to announce the initial release of "libpkixpq",
> > PostgreSQL user-defined types and functions that allow the
> > database to understand the basic PKIX types.
>
> For the ignorant among us ... what is PKIX?

Bear posted two days previously, with a nice long message about how
all this should work. Bruce, could you drop that post into a TODO.pki
or TODO.crypto ?

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2001-12/msg00823.php

Bear, there _is_ an existing SSL patch/connection option. Have you
looked at that code?

Ross
--
Ross Reedstrom, Ph.D.                                 reedstrm@rice.edu
Executive Director                                  phone: 713-348-6166