Re: Bug #540: pg_dump a simple table can fail if other - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: Bug #540: pg_dump a simple table can fail if other
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Sun, 16 Dec 2001 pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org wrote:

> luby liao (liao@sandiego.edu) reports a bug with a severity of 2
>
> Short Description
> pg_dump a simple table can fail if other view/triggers are faulty
>
> Long Description
> We use Postgresql 7.1.2 on a Redhat 7.0 Linux PC.  My CS145 students
> all work in a database called cs145.  Some students introduced
> unintended faulty views and triggers into the database.  When a
> student tried to pg_dump his own tables, he got error messages that
> say that other people's views or triggers were faulty.

We're going to need some additional information for this to be a
complete report.  What options were used to pg_dump, how far the dump
got and what messages were reported.
It'd be nice to know what was meant by faulty views and triggers or
an example to reproduce the problem.