Re: queries per second - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Horst Herb
Subject Re: queries per second
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Saturday 15 December 2001 16:23, Timur V. Irmatov wrote:

> I'd like to know the approximate number of simple queries (update a
> row, select just one row) PostgreSQL is able to perform per second?
> (Machine is PII-Celeron 600 with 256 RAM)
> These queries will be combined by 2-3 in transactions.

You will probably get the most accurate answer to your question by simply
trying it out yourself on your machine (while verying performance
sensitive parameters such as buffer allocation). Will probably take you
less time than reading answers on this list.

Horst