Re: Running on RH 7.2 Linux - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: Running on RH 7.2 Linux
Date
List pgsql-ports
On Tuesday 04 December 2001 10:01 pm, Sean Duffy wrote:
> I have been testing Postgresql on 7.0 RH Linux but ultimately want to
> install on 7.2 RH Linux. Can you recommend the appropriate packages I need
> to download and can you possibly give me a heads up on installation
> technique?   I am new to Postgresql and Linux but have extensive Unix

RedHat 7.2 comes with PostgreSQL 7.1.3.  When installing RH 7.2, select the
PostgreSQL packages.  Or you can install them later -- they're on CD #2,
IIRC.  You need postgresql, postgresql-libs, and postgresql-server at minimum
for a server machine.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio