Re: Any comments on any of the recent crop of books? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From wsheldah@lexmark.com
Subject Re: Any comments on any of the recent crop of books?
Date
List pgsql-general

---------------------- Forwarded by Wesley Sheldahl/Lex/Lexmark on 12/10/2001
11:40 AM ---------------------------

Wesley Sheldahl
12/10/2001 11:35 AM

To:   "jeff scott" <scott%powersurf.ca@interlock.lexmark.com> @ LEXMTA
cc:

Subject:  Re: [GENERAL] Any comments on any of the recent crop of books?
      (Document link: Wesley Sheldahl)

New Riders just put out "PostgreSQL Essential Reference", which is exactly that:
a reference book. It's great when you're wondering "now how exactly do I...." or
"what's the syntax for adding a constraint to a table again?", but you need to
have a good idea what you're looking for. There's a little narrative, a little
introductory commentary at the beginning of each section and the occasional
'gotcha' gets mentioned, but mainly it's a decent reference for looking stuff
up.

--Wes Sheldahl

"jeff scott" <scott%powersurf.ca@interlock.lexmark.com> on 12/07/2001 10:14:20
AM