Re: Open items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Open items
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > Not sure which part you mis-understod ... I said "Earliest RC1", not "RC1
> > will be" ... there will be a Beta3 before RC1, today is the 13th, and Tom
> > Lane doesn't have a fix ready for what he's workin on ...
> >
> > Giving Tom a couple of days, then figuring at least a week for Beta3 to be
> > out the door, we're looking at the earliest possible RC1 being Dec 1st ...
> >
> > Its not a matter of when ppl want RC1 ... its a matter of whe RC1 is
> > deemed ready ... its not something to vote or poll ppl about, but thanks
> > for the attempt ...
>
> I personally think RC1 can happen before December 1.  That was my point.
>
> I also am not sure if we need a beta3 seeing how few problems there were
> with beta2.  But again, I am interested in what others say.

Looking at the number of commits that went on in the past couple of days,
I won't put out an RC1 without a Beta3 to make sure that all potential
bugs are covered over ... looking at a calender, though ... December 1st
*might* be doable ...

figure Beta3 the end of this week, depending on Tom's luck with that bug
he's working on ... all goes smooth with Beta3, you may be right and we
could get a Rc1 packaged for the end of next week ... I gotta start
looking at calender's more often ...

Alot depends on feedback on Beta3 ... and considering that there has been
more feedback so far with Beta2 then there was with Beta1, I still
wouldn't hold my breath for Dec 1st, but it is conceivable ...