Re: stupid patch of pg_dumplo - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Karel Zak
Subject Re: stupid patch of pg_dumplo
Date
Re: stupid patch of pg_dumplo  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 01:52:47PM +0100, andrea gelmini wrote:
> hi all,
>      i would like to se this patch applied, because i often use
>      pg_dumplo, and i need to set the port number of the server to contact.

 It's good idea, maybe you can try add other values usable in
 PQsetdbLogin.

>      anyway, i don't have C language skill, so be careful with these
>      lines... they work for me, but...

 Please use other code in pg_dumplo/main.c as inspiration.

 If you want add "port" add it to pgLO struct (see pg_dumplo.h) and
 fill this value like others in this sources.

>                   case 's':
>                       pgLO->space = strdup(optarg);
>                       break;
> +                 case 'o':
> +                     pgport = optarg;
> +                     break;

 rather:
                   case 'o':
                        pgLO->port = strdup(optarg);
                        break;

> !     pgLO->conn = PQsetdbLogin(pgLO->host, pgport, NULL, NULL, pgLO->db,
>                                 pgLO->user, pwd);

 rather:

 pgLO->conn = PQsetdbLogin(pgLO->host, pgLO->port, NULL, NULL, pgLO->db,
                                pgLO->user, pwd);

 Please correct your patch and I mean will no problem add it to
 official code.

 Thanks

        Karel

--