libpqxx (proposed new C++ frontend) online - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Jeroen T. Vermeulen
Subject libpqxx (proposed new C++ frontend) online
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Hi people,

Up-to-date sources for the replacement C++ frontend for postgresql that I'm
working on can now be found at

http://members.ams.chello.nl/j.vermeulen31/

This will probably require gcc 2.95.4 and some tweaking (the Makefile is a
simple hack and customized to my setup).  OTOH it's still a small project
and reasonably overseeable.

I'd appreciate any feedback.  I know the test programs work, but there's
lots more work to do.  The library code is lots more complex than libpq++
was, but hopefully the easier and more STL-conformant interface should
more than make up for it.  It also does automatic connection recovery
where possible.

A relatively new feature is the Transactor framework, which lets you set
up transactions as "functors" that get invoked by the library, and if a
connection should break, get "replayed" after automated recovery attempt.

Please let me know if it works for you, or what you'd like to see changed!

Jeroen