Re: Differential Backups - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nicholas Piper
Subject Re: Differential Backups
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Paul Tomblin wrote:

> > Quoting Alvaro Herrera (alvherre@atentus.com):

> > > GNU diff reads in memory both files. You sure need lots to compare
> > > medium sized databases, and I don't think this method will work on big
> > > ones.

> > Doesn't GNU diff have the "-h" option?

> No, at least in my version of it (2.7, which appears to be the latest in
> my local mirror of GNU). What's that supposed to do? In fact, the help

Maybe the -H option was meant:

       -H     Use heuristics to speed  handling  of  large  files
              that have numerous scattered small changes.

In 2.7 also.

--
Part 3 MEng Cybernetics; Reading, UK       http://www.nickpiper.co.uk/
Change PGP actions of mailer or fetch key see website   1024D/3ED8B27F