Re: Can Postgresql search full text fast through 3.3 million text documents? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From jochen mader
Subject Re: Can Postgresql search full text fast through 3.3 million text documents?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Saturday, 20. October 2001 16:41, you wrote:
> We have 3.3 million text documents ( U.S.  Patents) that we can put into
>
> >> any format needed to import into any database needed.  Would Postgresql
>
> be able
>
> >> to handle fast FULLTEXT searching?

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

I just found that there is a way to do fulltextindexing in postgres (it's
stored in the contrib directory of the postgres installation). I think that's
what you are looking for. Has anybody tested that stuff because I don't know
if it's really that fast.

Cya
Jochen