Re: Problem in installing Postgresql-7.1.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brent R. Matzelle
Subject Re: Problem in installing Postgresql-7.1.2
Date
List pgsql-general
--- Thirumoorthy Bhuvneswari <tbhuvneswari@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am new to this mailing-list. I am having
> Postgresql-7.0.2 installed on RedHat Linux-6.2. I
> wanted to install Postgresql-7.1.2, since it supports
> RedHat Linux6.2 and downloaded the rpms. While
> installing, it ended up with the following error:
> "Failed dependencies:
> libpg.so.2, libcrypto.so.0, libssl.so.0".
> I don't know where I am wrong. Please help me.

libcrypto and libssl are part of openssl.  You can download the
6.2 rpms here:
http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/redhat/updates/6.2/i386/openssl-0.9.5a-7.6.x.i386.html
.  However, I am not sure about libpg.  Possibly this can be
found in the postgresql-libs rpm.

Brent