Re: Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the postmaster service to connect - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Jason Tishler
Subject Re: Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the postmaster service to connect
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Russell,

On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 12:14:55PM -0600, Russell Black wrote:
> The postmaster service failed to start due to the following error:
> The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely
> fashion.
>
> and
>
> Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the postmaster service to connect.
>
> I checked to see if the postmaster.pid file was left around, and it had been
> cleaned up properly on shutdown.  Has anyone else seen this?

Not personally, but many other have:

http://www.cygwin.com/cgi-bin/htsearch?method=and&format=builtin-long&sort=time&config=htdig&restrict=%2Fml%2Fcygwin%2F&exclude=&words=cygrunsrv+timeout

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any resolutions in the above...

Sorry,
Jason