Re: delete/vacuum not freeing disk space - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Joshua Franklin
Subject Re: delete/vacuum not freeing disk space
Date
List pgsql-admin
Sorry, I realize now that my original post was very
unclear. I read the FAQ and therefore know that just
running VACUUM will not show decreased disk usage.
However, I would expect that after deleting 1/6 of the
db and running vacuum, the db would quit growing on
the disk (except for maybe some logs). What I've been
seeing is that the db is growing on the disk at about
the same rate as before.