Re: Contents of greatbridge.com? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brent R. Matzelle
Subject Re: Contents of greatbridge.com?
Date
List pgsql-general
--- Tommy <tmartin1@telocity.com> wrote:
> From what I understand they went out of business. I have not
> seen the site
> morrored anywhere.
>
> I wonder what this means for the future of PostgreSQL?

I would imagine that it would slow down the development a bit
until things settle down.  However, I saw that Tom and Bruce
have been making changes to the CVS in preparation for release
7.2 so I would not be concerned.  Also, keep in mind that Red
Hat has a large stake in PostgreSQL now so I would imagine that
they will contribute more now than they did in the past.  No one
has mentioned it so far, but I wonder if any of the Great Bridge
people were hired by Red Hat?  They were interested in buying
Great Bridge in the past.  It would seem logical that they would
try.

Brent