pgsql/src/makefiles Makefile.win - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject pgsql/src/makefiles Makefile.win
Date
List pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql
Changes by:    scrappy@hub.org    01/09/05 22:58:33

Modified files:
    src/makefiles  : Makefile.win

Log message:
    On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 08:15:45PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
    > Can someone research this and figure out what the proper solution for
    > this is?  Seems we are going around in circles if we keep
    > adding/removing DLLIMPORT.

    I believe that the attached patch is the correct solution --  I apologize
    for the gyrations.  With the attached patch, Cygwin libpq++ builds
    cleanly again.  The root cause was that DLLIMPORT was defaulting to
    __declspec(dllimport) since BUILDING_DLL was *not* defined when building
    the libpq++ DLL.

    Unfortunately, to test my patch requires changing the following makefile:

    src/interfaces/libpq++/examples/Makefile

    and the #includes in all of the *.cc to build against the source tree
    instead of the following hardcoded installation directory structure:

    /usr/local/pgsql

    I was able to manually build

    src/interfaces/libpq++/examples/testlibpq0.exe

    against my Cygwin libpq++ without errors.  However, I have not tried to
    actually test testlibpq0.exe.

    Is this sufficient?  Or, do you want me to clean up libpq++/examples too?
    (Or, is it silly to even ask? :,))  Let me know how you want to proceed and
    I will submit a patch to pgsql-patches.

    Jason Tishler