Re: Newbie: Solution? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From will trillich
Subject Re: Newbie: Solution?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 07:52:54PM +0800, Walter wrote:
> Hello Experts,
>
> A sum (manually entered or just a calculation field) must sprats into
> several small amounts. the sum entered to a database firstly; an error
> message is required to appear while you key in the last small amount, in
> case the total figure of the several small amounts is not equal to the
> sum entered before. You can't expect how many individual small amounts
> will be input to a same/different database. For instance, you have a
> monthly budget to spend but yet not know how many particular expenses
> will occur in the later days, and you always pay out exactly all the
> money.

hmm -- what was the question? :)

you want separate tables for each period? or is this just a
standard accounting situation?

see "table constraints" in the docs...

--
Khan said that revenge is a dish best served cold. I think
sometimes it's best served hot, chunky, and foaming.

will@serensoft.com