Re: Link to bug webpage - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Link to bug webpage
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com> writes:
> > Some of the discussions could go on for weeks.  Are you saying that
> > wading thru a few hundred posts to find out what a solution was is
> > better than a quick searchable summary?
>
> Given a threaded index, you aren't wading through "a few hundred posts".
> Agreed, a nice canned database entry might be easier to look at, but
> who's going to expend the time to maintain the database?  Unless someone
> actively takes responsibility for keeping the DB up to date, it'll be
> junk.  So far I heard Philip say he'd be willing to check over some
> fraction of the existing entries, but I don't hear anyone wanting to
> take it on as a long-term commitment.

We could try going the other way, attaching URL's to the TODO items so
people can get more information about an existing bug.  We already have
that for TODO.detail but we could certainly expand on that.

In fact, it may be interesting to load the TODO list into a database and
start attaching emails to individual items.

Pennsylvania19026