Re: Dollar in identifiers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: Dollar in identifiers
Date
Re: Dollar in identifiers
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> In any case, this is sufficient reason why we cannot allow $ to be
> allowed in identifiers: it will break any extant applications that use $
> in user-defined operators.
   Than  again we're no better than the other DB's. The standard   excludes $  from  any  character  class.  Oracle
and others   violate the standard by allowing them in identifiers while we   alone violate it by allowing them  in
operators.  Well,  at   least we're different!

   I would've expected you, Tom, to suggest removing it from the   operators as well :-)

Jan