Re: Cygwin test for current libpq sources? - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Jason Tishler
Subject Re: Cygwin test for current libpq sources?
Date
Re: Cygwin test for current libpq sources?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-cygwin
Tom,

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 06:16:28PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>   I've just finished (I think) cleanup after the recent libpq patches to
> make it work better on Win32.  It is alleged that nonblocking mode works
> now on Win32.  I am wondering if things are working or broken on Cygwin,
> however.  When you get some time, would you pull CVS tip and try it out?

I just built the latest PostgreSQL CVS and ran it against essentially
the latest Cygwin CVS.  make check failed with many connection refused
false positives.  Previously, I would only get these occasionally.  Recall
that Windows NT 4.0 Workstation and 2000 Professional only have a backlog
size of 5.  Can the above mentioned changes be the cause of the increased
connection refused failures?

Additionally, I had (test) misc failures, but I believe that is due to the
other failures?  Is that assessment correct?

Since the parallel schedule was failing, I decided to try the serial one.
With the serial schedule, all tests passed except for random.  Normally,
I wouldn't worry, but random failed every time I ran either version of
the regression test except for once.  Does this indicate a problem?

So, I think that Cygwin PostgreSQL is OK, but I'm not completely sure...

Is there anything else that you would like me to try?

Thanks,
Jason