Re: Dollar in identifiers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: Dollar in identifiers
Date
Re: Dollar in identifiers
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> We do currently use $1 for params, so allowing dollar in the middle
> seems better.  However, I need to see multiple people who need it before
> I would say OK.  If we go adding things because _one_ person wants it,
> we will end up with a mess.  Someone is working on an
> Oracle-compatibility parser.  It would be OK in there.
   Exactly  that was my first response in the meeting yesterday.   Put it into the Oracle-compatibility parser when we
have it.   The  question  is  "will  we  for  sure  have that parser and   when?".

   But let's see. Is there anybody else out there who would like   this feature? Ian?

Jan