switching to open source - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From roypgsqllist@spamex.com
Subject switching to open source
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Hi guys.

I work for a small company that's switching from MSSQL to anything cheaper that works.  I've been doing a lot of
researchon open source databases and I think postgresql might be our best bet.

But the biggest issue I have with postgresql is that it is missing stored procedures.  Functions are fine but I'm going
tomiss the ability to get result sets and OUTPUT parameters.

Has anyone on this list dealt with both MSSQL and postgresql?  And do you mind telling me how you dealt with this?

Thanks.

Roy.