Re: Re: Would a PostgreSQL database on a DVD be usable? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Gould
Subject Re: Re: Would a PostgreSQL database on a DVD be usable?
Date
List pgsql-general
Thank you all for your help!

Am I understanding this correctly that it can (should)
work if:

1. I burn the database directory to the CD/DVD; and

2. The user mounts the CD/DVD and creates a symbolic
link in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/ to the database
directory on the CD/DVD; and uses the existing log
directory; and

3. Restarts the postmaster daemon?

Andrew Gould