Re: Re: Name for new VACUUM - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: Re: Name for new VACUUM
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> > VACUUM DEFRAG?
> > VACUUM COMPRESS?
>
> While these look kinda ugly to me, I can find no stronger objection than
> that.  (Well, maybe I could complain that these overstate what old-style
> vacuum actually does, but that's even weaker.)  What do other people
> think?
   What I think? That this entire discussion wasted far too much   time already. These commands live  usually  in
crontabs and   aren't  typed  in  that  often. So give the baby "a name" and   done. VACUUM CLASSIC and VACUUM LIGHT or
whatever.

Jan