Re: initdb on Win2k server - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Jason Tishler
Subject Re: initdb on Win2k server
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Prasad,

In the future, please post to pgsql-cygwin@postgresql.org instead of
sending private email, so that other can benefit too.

On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 03:20:29PM -0400, Anantha Prasad/NE/USDAFS wrote:
> Hi: Hoping that I am addressing this query to the right person. I have
> installed Postgresql 7.1.2 on Win2k server platform by downloading the
> binary from cygwin mirror. I have dll version 1.3.2 with popt, readline,
> win32api etc.
>
> When I try to do an initdb, the program gets stuck. I enclose below the
> debugging info. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Did you forget to install cygipc and/or start ipc-daemon?  Please read
the README file:

    /usr/doc/Cygwin/postgresql-7.1.2.README

Thanks,
Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: 732.264.8770 x235